Friday, November 18, 2011
1. I highly recommend that you go see this film yourself before you take a child with you. This is far different from the other movies just as the book is far different from the other books. The content is far more adult and intense. And no, I don't just mean the honeymoon scene. This is a whole different ball game and you really need to see it for yourself to make the judgement as to whether or not your child, pre-teen or young adult is ready for it.
2. Stay through the credits! There is an extra scene in the credits that foreshadows part 2. Apparently my group were the only ones aware of this and we had to keep telling everyone else so they wouldn't stand right in front of us while we were waiting. lol
3. Everyone who has ever been to a movie with me knows this is a biggie for me...Please remember that you are in a theater filled with other people who have spent their hard-earned money to see this movie. Be respectful of them and DO NOT talk during the movie!!!!! I cannot stress this one enough. I'm not saying don't laugh when it's funny, but I cannot understand why people pay for a movie ticket to have a conversation with each other when they could have done it in the hall for free! It's very distracting during a pivotal, emotional scene when everyone around you insists on talking.
*Also, just because you know the songs on the soundtrack, that doesn't mean we want to hear you sing them during the movie. No, it hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to someone I know.
4. Sit back and enjoy it. It's a roller coaster ride, but one of the most true to the books of the entire saga. There's only one more after this, folks.
And this one was added on my facebook list by my wonderful sister, Joy...she's extra wonderful because she is the one who introduced me to the books back in 2007 ;)
5. Plan your schedule for when you'll be seeing it in the theaters again.(and again).
I cannot agree more. I'm heading back to the theater this evening to see it again. Oh, and one more thing...the ending? Perfect, and exactly where I wanted it to be!
**UPDATE** Can't believe that I forgot to mention this one..
6. Bring your tissues!!!
I have now seen it three times and I'm completely amazed at the additional things I've noticed each time. Very impressed.