fight against pediatric cancer with the 'Celebrity Cookie Challenge' and we now have Peter's cookie recipe Via the Twilight Lexicon! These cookies are so good - I made them Saturday and my husband and his friends have been devouring them (nearly empty cookie box picture to the right for proof!)
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup dried tart cherries * I didn't add cherries to mine
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and vanilla.
4. Beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended well, then mix in chocolate chips and cherries with a wooden spoon.
5. Put level tablespoons of dough 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven until golden around edges; bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
If you missed it but still want to help out here’s how according to the group’s press release:
Host a Bake Sale- Now through Dec. 31, 2010, Glad will match all funds raised through Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sales, up to $200,000. Go to www.GladtoGive.com to learn how to register your bake sale.
Purchase Glad Products – Now through September 2011, consumers who purchase specially-marked Glad products and enter a code from the package at www.GladtoGive.com will trigger a $1 donation from Glad to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, up to $200,000. This is in addition to the brand’s $200,000 bake sale match this season.
Buy Cookies – Don’t have time to bake? In November, buy delicious cookies at www.CookiesForKidsCancer.org and 100 percent of the net revenue will benefit the charity.