Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Twilight is a popular loaner...

According to new statistic's released in the UK Stephenie Meyer's 'Twilight Saga' books were borrowed 234,170 times in the last year from Public Libraries in the UK. The report also states that borrowers prefer fiction over non fiction with 50% of all loans attributed to adult fiction titles. 

"Fiona Marriott, principal librarian for adult services at Luton libraries, said: "It doesn't surprise me that library loans are different from book sales; our strength has always been the range of books we can offer. We may struggle to keep up with the request list for the latest Stephenie Meyer, but our backlist is huge in comparison to the average bookshop."

So that leads me to wonder how many of our readers borrowed rather than bought the saga books? If you borrowed the books did that lead you to buy? Comments below- we love to hear from you!

Source

3 comments:

shay said...

Borrow my butt!! I own. If I have to get it from the library, I will eventually but it when I can get to a book store. My closest bookstore is an hour away.

shay said...

sorry typo, suppose to be "buy it"

KG said...

i bought twilight and new moon used, then borrowed eclipse and breaking dawn. now i own them all in hardcover.