Saturday, July 3, 2010

Eclipse according to Amber

While life has been in high level crazy mode for me lately, I was able to see Eclipse at midnight as planned. Little Man was safe at home with his daddy, his temperature under control and having had every test run they could think of during the previous 24 hours. I found a few spare moments during the week to make some notes and finally got it all written up for my page at The Collective Review yesterday. For those who are not familiar, I started writing for them a year ago when they were The Fifth Medium or t5m. It's a wonderful site based out of London and you should really check it out. It's one of my little home away from homes.
Here is an excerpt...
As Robert Pattinson said when he was on the ‘Tonight Show with Jay Leno’, the movie is based on a book so they aren’t really any secrets. Having said that, I avoided all the clips and stills before seeing the movie and I’m glad that I did. I promise not to share anything with you here that will spoil your viewing experience. These are just some of my thoughts on the movie and I can’t wait to hear yours!
Overall, I was very happy with Eclipse. The love letter that David Slade wrote to the fans deserves an equally loving response. He did a fantastic job in bringing more of the action of Eclipse to life without losing the romance that is the backbone of the saga. If you’ve read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: an Eclipse novella, you will certainly see its influence on the film. I was really glad to see how small details were worked into the script. If you haven’t read it yet, be sure to check out breetanner.com where you can read the book for free until July 5 at midnight EST. You can also check out the review I wrote of the book here.
You can read the rest here and be sure to leave me some comments over there! I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!

2 comments:

TLC said...

VERY well said Amber! I read the entire review and I think you captured every true point that needed to be said.

For me, now having seen it three times, this WAS the best one yet for me. Kristen & Rob gave me chills in their emotion and I truly took in every word, every face expression Rob was showing and it was Edward all the way!


Lets go see it again! Pleasssse?!?!? LOL

Leigh said...

I also loved Eclipse - my fave movie so far.

I'm yet to read Bree Tanner, but I've bookmarked your review for when I do!

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)