Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fearnet.com interview with Wyck Godfrey

Fearnet.com has a great interview with the Twilight Saga Producer Wyck Godfrey. In it he talks about the 'Breaking Dawn' birth scene and whether the movie should be in 3D.

"Needless to say I know that a gory Breaking Dawn isn't going to happen quite like I envision it, but how close do you think it can come to evoking the sort of visceral goriness of what's written in the novel?
I think the one thing that we've done that we've really done in all the films is keep them very subjective and keep them from Bella's point of view. So the conversations we've had with Bill, is that we'll try to do something similar here; you're with Bella's perspective and her point of view of what's taking place in the rush around her, as she's in intense pain. Not so focused, objectively, on her body and his body and that. So I think it'll be something like that, in terms of trying to make the audience experience and feel the confusion, almost, of what's happening to her.

And how might you use 3D in either part of Breaking Dawn?
We have considered it, and everything's being discussed, but I know that part of a way to differentiate the two movies would be to have one be in 2D, and when she becomes a vampire we move into 3D. But we haven't really gotten far enough to decide what we're going to do. I'm of two minds of it, frankly, and I think everyone is; I don't want to chase the format if it's not organic and appropriate. If we think it is, we will."


Read the full article here.

Source

1 comment:

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

I actually like the idea of using 3D for the second part, after Bella has become a vampire. Her view of everything changes, so it actually makes sense in that use.
Having said that, if they're going to do it, I hope they do it right and shoot it that way rather than converting it after. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right and this is certainly a money-making franchise.