Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Muse talk about new 'Eclipse' Single

Muse have talked about their new 'Eclipse' single Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever) that was released yesterday.  Matt Bellamy has explained how their song is about the recent "break-up" with his girlfriend.  He goes on to say;

"Bellamy explained that he wanted fans to hear the track now whilst its subject matter still felt "relevant". He said: "I broke up with my girlfriend - it must have been about 8 months ago or something. I basically wrote that song pretty much immediately after that.
"The Twilight people contacted us and were very keen to get a song for their film and I thought 'Why not?'.
"I might as well just bung it in there and get it out there because this song represents a bit of a difficult period for me in my life. It's the kind of song that by the time we get to the next album might not be relevant any more. My life might have changed and moved on. It's kind of like a cheesy love sentiment I suppose.
"When I wrote the song, it was quite a heavy thing."

Read the rest of the story here.

Source

No comments: