Sunday, May 30, 2010

Get Twilight Crafty for Your Grad

Sorry guys that I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, as usual. I was attending a big graduation party, as probably some of you did too this time of year. So, to make up for this delay and also to show off my "crafty" side, I decided to create a little project for you to make, in honor of all TwiHard Grads ;)
So, we're making this clever Card/MoneyHolder/GradCap out of 2 sheets of paper and a ribbon, using glue, scissors, x-acto knife (or a holepunch) and a little imagination.
I used 2 sheets of 12" x 12" scrapbooking paper (one black and one blood red, of course).
1. To start making the cap, folded all corners to exact center point of the black piece of paper.
2. When you end up with a smaller square, do exact same thing all over again, folding all 4 corners to the middle.
3. Go over the edges with a bone folder or just your nail, to make it lay flat.
4. Open up the flaps in the middle, like petals and fold them back so the sharp corner of each touches the middle of corresponding side.
5. Flip over and either cut little slits near (but not too close to) all 4 corners. These will be used later for threading a ribbon through them.
6. Next, I took care of the round part of the cap that sits on the head. I simply cut a long strip of red paper.
7. I folded a narrow strip and cut it up from the edge to the fold line to make the little "lips" that will be later attached to the top of the hat.
8. Now, it's time to decorate. I cut out shapes for each of the books out of the red paper and attached them to each corner of the square piece. Then I wrote a personal message in the middle (check it out, I thought I was being very clever there, it's from Edward ;)).
9. I closed all the folds, threaded a ribbon through the holes in the corners that I cut out earlier (criss-cross).
10 Final steps: Tied the ribbon in a pretty bow, flipped the square over, so I could attach the round red part.
Voila, the very festive and special card/keepsake is ready to be presented to your very special Twi-Fan, who, just like Bella is graduating this spring. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have after reading my crazy directions :) Enjoy!

No comments: