Sunday, December 13, 2009

One year...

This was my first post, one year ago today...
This is my new blog devoted to all things Twilight. I chose Eyes of Amber for the name because, well first of all, my name is Amber, but it's also the color of Edward's eyes when he is well fed. I thought it was a nice fit for a Twilight blog.

I was originally an Edward girl, but the more times I read the books and see the movies, I still love Edward dearly, but I have to say I've become more of a Cullen girl, finding so much to love about all members of the family. I'm on my fourth reading of Twilight, I've read New Moon and Eclipse three times and I'm also reading Breaking Dawn for the third time. I've seen the movie three times. All of this since having been introduced to the series only 13 months ago, and I even had a baby during that time!

I will be doing a lot of opinion pieces and general gushing I'm sure, but I'll also be posting updates on the series, the movies, and anything else Twilight related.
It's been a wild year! I've meet so many wonderful people, including the wonderful backbone to EoA, my blogging partner Kerry. I cannot say thank you enough to the wonderful people who have helped me out in so many ways. There have been a thousand times I would have shut this site down if it weren't for my stat counter, but I'm glad I stuck it out. The Twilight community is a wonderful place to be! Thanks so much for everyone who shows up and reads and comments.

And just to show you how much we appreciate you, one lucky reader will be winning a wonderful prize package! Check in tomorrow for all the details! It's going to be exciting! This is only one of the items you can win...

***Kerry here** I may not have been around for the whole year, but I'm still very happy with how the blog has grown. I've met the BEST people since getting involved in the Twilight blog community, especially our dear Amber! I totally blame her for my growing Sam crush, too. You're going to love the giveaway prizes, so hang in there for the post!

2 comments:

Bouncy72 said...

Happy one year birthday :)

~ Joy ~ said...

Congratulations Amber!! One year!?! Sooooo much has happened in just a single year. You are amazing.

Kerry does such a wonderful job, too. Keep it up the great work Team Eyes of Amber!