Sunday, November 22, 2009

What trailers did you see with New Moon?

There's been a lot of chatter about what trailers we all saw with New Moon. I thought it would be fun to compare notes. So Kerry and I are going to tell you which ones we saw, and you let us know in the comments which ones you saw. I'm going to do my best to do these in order.

Sherlock Holmes - This one looked awesome and I feel certain that the hubs and I will be going back for this one

When in Rome - looks cute, but I'm not sure if I'll see it in the theater or wait for the the DVD.

it's complicated - looks hilarious

Dear John - am I the only one who swoons when he says that she scares him? I must see this one.


Letters to Juliet - looks very good, and of course the Taylor Swift song is a major win





Remember Me - hmmm, do I even have to tell you that I'll be seeing this one opening weekend? The whole theater erupted when this one came on during the midnight showing.Okay, so I put Remember Me at the end because it was my favorite...LOL. Thanks to ROBsessed for the still because as we all know, Rob is not on the poster.

**Kerry**

I wish I could add something different, but I saw the exact same trailers. I will definitely be seeing Sherlock Holmes. My husband informs me that is his price for subjecting him to opening day Squeemaggedon (unicorn that he is, the squee-factor is too much for him). However, I'd see it anyway, so the price isn't that high.

I don't get to the movies that often, so most of these will get relegated to "wait for DVD" status. Except, of course, Remember Me. You can bet I will be in that theater opening night! I won't give any spoilers, but I will warn you that the trailer barely grazes the surface of the plot, this is another emotional rollercoaster, and nothing like New Moon. LOL.

Enjoy! Hoping to get back to New Moon one more time this weekend!

Gratuitous Remember Me trailer posting:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Saw the same ones minus It's Complicated and Dear John.

I thought Letters to Juliet looked sooooo sappy. Like to the point of making you cringe.

FinnishGirl said...

I went to see the midnight showing here in Finland, and was a bit surprised that there were no trailers at all! On Saturday night, when I went to see New Moon for the second time, there was the Sherlock Holmes trailer but nothing else. I'm disappointed that I didn't get to see the Remember Me trailer on big screen.

Honolulu Girl from Trueblood Twilight said...

They played:
Sherlock Holmes
Dear John
Letters to Juliet
Lovely Bones (OH MY FUCKING GOD. I teared up)
and I think that’s it. I was already balling during the trailers.. (this is for Hawaii)

sparkle for twilight said...

I went to two different theaters this weekend, but my midnight showing had the some of the same: Dear John, Letters to Juliet (win for me since they used Taylor's song!), Remember Me and It's Complicated. But they also played the trailer for Percy Jackson (wow), and I want to say.. The Wolfman? The second viewing I saw the When In Rome preview as well as one called Daybreakers--seriously check that one out. They put it in there obviously because it's about vampires, but it has a Dark Knight feel!

Fox Otter said...

The trailers I saw were:
Remember Me
Letters to Juliet
It's Complicated
Percy Jackson and The Olympians
Some vampire movie where all humans were gone and there was no more blood for them to drink..can't remember the name
And I know there were more, but I can't remember

bouncy72 said...

WOW they didn't show any of the above at our screenings (yeah been a few times too) - I have to say though I'm glad they didn't show the Sherlock Holmes trailer, I loved it the first time I saw it, but they have literally showed it at EVERY movie I have been to recently & are killing the buzz.
*sniff* why didn't we get the Remember Me trailer *wipes tear away*
we had...
-Zombieland
-Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
-The Wolf Man
-& Avatar
that's all I remember but I'll check tomorrow when I go again...
Oh this is all in New Zealand, land of the long white cloud *grin*

sparkle for twilight said...

Reading the above, I forgot that they also showed Avatar and the Orson Wells movie at my midnight screening. No wonder people were groaning, they played like a million previews that the 12:01 movie didn't start till close to 12:30!

Memory_Jean said...

I would love to see Letters to Juliet, but it seemed like they showed the entire film in the trailer...