Monday, October 12, 2009

Sydney Morning Herald Interviews Robert Pattinson

In a recently published interview, Rob discusses his part in New Moon, humbly giving the star position to Taylor, and discusses his career choices and the fan craziness he experiences. The columnist compares Rob to Johnny Depp, both in type of physical beauty and a diverse talented actor breaking through a heartthrob image.

"When the second one comes out, then I'll see how I am. Mostly I can ignore things to quite a big extent and kind of pretend they're not really happening," he says, sounding eerily calm.

"I just don't take any of it seriously. It's just a job and while it's a job I love, girls scream out for Edward, not Robert. I still can't get a date." [Form the line to the left, ladies.]

Pattinson has been peddling this line for months. He won't fess up to dating Twilight co-star Kristen Stewart, who plays Bella. Perhaps he's under studio instructions to appear single? It probably boosts ticket sales.

The real reason Pattinson is so calm is simple: "I'm not the lead in the second film. Taylor [Lautner] is." He grins idiotically. "I appear in Bella's dreams. So I'm in it but the focus is not on me. I just have significant moments at the beginning ... and the end. So I'm more of a supporting role in this one, which is why I felt so free. I didn't have to deal with any of the [expletive] of the first one. I don't have to hold the movie or worry about the fans. I think I did it better without all those pressures."

Pattinson is extraordinarily beautiful. He's been called the Johnny Depp of his generation and been crowned Sexiest Man on the Planet by Glamour magazine, Top Hunk by Entertainment Tonight and Hottest Actor by Rolling Stone.

Like Depp, he has the same asymmetrical beauty, the same gorgeous man-boy face. He's 185 centimetres tall, lean and he, too, exudes a masculine femininity. Depp also started out as a teenage idol before he began furiously deconstructing that image. Ditto for Pattinson."


Read the full article here, it's a great article, and some of the little side comments by the interviewer are hilarious.

-Kerry

From newmoonmovie.

No comments: