Monday, October 26, 2009

It's all about Meme! Or How Bloggers Entertain Themselves

We were tagged last night for Twitarded's Meme bye MyTwilife! Since we can't doubt the awesome fun that Twitarded and My Twilife are capable of, we just had to jump in with our responses.

From Kerry:
1) What is the craziest/most stupid thing you've ever done (that you would be willing to share!)?

Hmm, this is a tough one, for this PG-13 blog. But I have a funny (to me) story. Shortly after we were married, my dear husband and I spent the day at a the amusement park at the Seattle Center. Neither of us are intimidated by wild and crazy rides, so we had spent most of the day on the more intimidating rides in the park. It was starting to get to my stomach a bit, so I decided I needed a break and wanted to ride something fairly sedate. I chose this car ride, you know, the old fashioned cars that run around on a track, you have no control, just fun for little kids to say they drove a car.
Well, I wanted 'sedate' not 'boring', so I decided to liven up the ride by making race car noises as we sped (at a wild 5 miles an hour) around the track, screeching tires around corners and everything. To top it off, I'm tall enough that the horn bulb was stuck between my leg and the steering wheel, making a loud "BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!!!" every time we cornered to the left. My poor husband was doing his best to hide in the passenger seat. But no such luck, as we rounded the halfway point, we could see the fairgrounds, and noticed the quite sizable crowd I had managed to draw. I think the really crazy/embarrassing part of this story is that I was absolutely stone-cold sober.

2) "Eff, Marry, Kill"

This was fun, actually had to think about it. Eff: Paul. Hot-tempered equals passionate, works for me. Marry: Edward, of course, romantic, protective, and old fashioned about some things, so marriage it is! Kill: Felix, that's what you get for being mean to Edward, Felix!


3) What is your favorite band/type of music?

This is a tough one, I like a lot of different stuff. I go through phases, but a trusty standby is..




4) What is your favorite movie besides Twilight?
What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good love story...




5) Do you RL life family/friends know you’re addicted to Twilight? A blogger?
Yes and yes, I am not ashamed, most know the extent of my obsession, if they don't, they haven't been over in a while. My mother even visits this blog from time to time. Hi Mom!! (Don't worry..there really aren't any non-pg-13 stories to tell..umm..honest!)

6) How many hours a week do you spend doing Twi related things? You know, blogging, looking at pictures of the cast, reading fan fiction, etc.
Probably way too many, since I don't even want to count.

7) Any random fact you might want to share. Big or small, it doesn't matter.
I have participated in a wide variety of online communities, mostly game-based, but several of them. The Twilight fan community is the most fun, most mature, and most NORMAL online group I've ever had the pleasure of associating with. Now, if only the rest of the world would see that instead of the screaming hordes. Love you all!

-Kerry

From Amber:
1) What is the craziest/most stupid thing you've ever done (that you would be willing to share!)?
Looking back on it now, it has to be how I met and married my husband. He im'd me one day on AOL, back in Feb of 1997. We started chatting and emailing and he came to see me in June. In August we were engaged and married in December. (He gave me the engagement ring as a birthday gift in July, but didn't propose officially until August) I was just 17 when I met him, but I knew the first time I looked into those gorgeous blue eyes that I wanted to marry him. Biggest regret? That we didn't elope to somewhere I was legal and get married when we met in June! LOL Oh yeah, did I mention that I drove 7 hours, by myself, to go visit him a week after he'd come to see me and we haven't been apart since? So crazy? Definitely. Stupid? Pretty much. But 12 years later, still the best move I ever made.

2) "Eff, Marry, Kill"
Hmm...this is a hard one. I'm changing this one up a bit. Besides, Twitarded is all about breaking rules, right? They won't mind. So mine is Dump, Marry, Kill. I spent way too much time and was putting way too much thought into this, so here are my answers.


And here is my reasoning....
Dump - Jake, because as much as I love him, we'd have to move to the arctic if we planned to ever snuggle. And I just couldn't handle him being gone so much, running around as his wolfy self. Who knows who he could run into and imprint!
Marry - Edward, because he's Edward! Duh!
Kill - Jane, because of what she's capable of and what she's done to Edward.


3) What is your favorite band/type of music?

If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know this guy is at the absolute top of my list. Yes, that is the one and only Sam Bradley. Check out his myspace to hear why I love him so much.
I have varied musical interests. The radio station in my car is country. The cd's in there are Sam, Twilight Soundtrack, Twilight Score, New Moon Soundtrack and Rob Thomas.

4) What is your favorite movie besides Twilight?
Ever After. No contest at all. I adore this movie and could watch it over and over and over...well, you get the picture. As a bonus, my favorite quotes...

Danielle: A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?
Leonardo da Vinci: Then I shall have to make you wings.

My great-great-grandmother's portrait hung in the University up until the Revolution. By then, the truth of their romance had been reduced to a simple fairy tale. And while Cinderella and her Prince *did* live happily ever after, the point, gentlemen, is that they *lived*.

5) Do you RL life family/friends know you’re addicted to Twilight? A blogger?
Yep! I am not a bit in the closet at all.

6) How many hours a week do you spend doing Twi related things? You know, blogging, looking at pictures of the cast, reading fan fiction, etc.
I gotta go with Kerry on this one. I guarantee it's more than I really want to know and I'm sure most people would find it disturbing.

7) Any random fact you might want to share. Big or small, it doesn't matter.
Hmm, I'm a fairly random person so there are a lot of different things I could share.
I had an extremely extensive unicorn collection when I was a little girl. Now when I hear the term unicorn, the actual creature is the third thing that comes to mind.

Thanks everyone, that was fun! And since everyone should have fun, we tag KStewBlogSource, Betti.Music.Twilight and My Twilight Saga Blog


1 comment:

Jenny Jerkface said...

Love your answers!!

Amber - we love when people break the rules. ;)

Your marriage story is crazy but absolutely wonderful. Congratulations!

Kerry - I tend to embarrass ML on a regular basis by doing things like that. Your response cracked me up.