Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday Wrap-Up




Happy Wednesday, Twilight campers! What a nice week for Twilight news! We have a soundtrack, an iPhone application, tons of gorgeous new set pics from New Moon, and a tweet from Rob! Inevitably, though, we miss bits and pieces. Not be because I was making silly captions for the New Moon stills, for sure. I'm a busy mom, after all, and so is Amber.

More Words From Kellan, Hold the Soapbox.

Kim, over at the Twilight Examiner, had a second part to the article inspiring my soapbox rant a few days back. Mr. Dimples is always fun to hear from, so we bring you a bit from that article.

About the Twilight Saga directors:
Catherine Hardwick- She was really energetic and wild and crazy in a good way, because I’m that way too. It was really fun working with her because she just had an energy that was really fun to have in a director because then you don’t get sluggish and down.

Chris Weitz- He was really calm and really had everything planned out. Every time we had a question, he had an answer. Every day we went on set it was really easy; you didn’t even have to work at all.

David Slade- This is an action movie, so it’s nice to have him and his team make it a manly movie that’s really action packed. With his insight and making it gritty from Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night with the action packed vampires, it's looking great.

From Kim:

The chiseled physique of Kellan Lutz immediately draws in the eye. His background as an Abercrombie and Fitch model comes of no surprise; his exotic look and playful, yet Mephistophelian glint in his eyes implies a possible clannish, clubby decorum.

Yet nothing could be further from the truth. A free spirit, Kellan’s boyish, playful nature and willingness to speak to me and put his life on a platter for fans to snack on is endearing, bold, and insightful.

Can I just say that Kim is my hero for using "Mephistophelian" in a sentence?

The Host with the Most!

Ok, that was cheesy. Shush. Stephenie Meyer announced on her site today that her newest book, The Host, will be made into a movie.

I'm so excited to be working with Nick Weschler, and Steve and Paula Mae Schwartz to bring The Host to a visual format. They've all been a dream to work with, so lovely and collaborative, and I feel like we're in a really good place to make a great movie together. And then to have Andrew Niccol writing and directing? Truly awesome. If you've never seen Gattaca, go watch it now. One of my favorite movies of all time. It's such a great example of character driven science fiction, which is ideal for The Host, no? I'm having an absolute blast imagining different dream casts, which I would post if people didn't take my silly blogs so seriously these days. I'm looking forward to seeing the cast lists you come up with in the fansite forums, and if any of them match mine.

I haven't actually read The Host yet, so I have no idea. If you have, what are your ideas?


More For Your Twilight Closet


Nordstrom's announced their new Twilight Saga: New Moon line. Maybe still a little teeny for me, but a lot more subtle than Hot Topic some other lines. The site is kind of fun though. Take a quiz to find out who your Twilight style-mate is, (sorry unicorns*, only Bella, Alice, Rosalie and Victoria are options, might get a little awkward) watch videos, and download some custom icons for your desktop. Check it out here. I noticed that the Luna Twilight cosmetics are also available through Nordstroms.



*Unicorns = Male Twilight fans (yes, they exist) Not "Wide Awake" unicorns..that's something else entirely.

More For Your Twilight Pocket




The New Moon editions of Pocket Edward and Pocket Bella have arrived, and this time Pocket Alice and Pocket Jacob have joined them! I'm not sure I like the look for Edward and Bella, but then, I'm partial to my Rayban Edward and Bluecoat Bella. Jacob is looking all appropriately buff, and I've heard a rumor that the shirt is removable. You can order yours at Amazon.
Jacob Black, Alice Cullen, Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, set of all four.


Amber is Still Cheating on Edward.

She's also doing a great job with her column over at the Vampire Diaries Examiner. Today's article is about the other man, Paul Wesley. If you're indulging in a little Vampire Diaries love, too, be sure to keep up with her column and follow her Vampire Diaries twitter account for updates.




That's all for now, there are some new interviews out today too, which I'll try to get up later.

-Kerry

Thanks to NewMoonMovie, TwiCrackAddict for some pics! <3 you!

No comments: