Thursday, September 17, 2009

Speeding is BAD, capice?


For all of you fans in possesion of a driver's license. We all took the test, right? I'm pretty sure, no matter what state/country you are from, there's some basic rules of the road you have to learn. Rule Numero Uno: Obey the speed limit.

I'm not here to get into a debate about flow of traffic, or even crazy fan things, but this...this is not good.

From Radar Online:
"The last 16 tickets I gave out were to Twilight fans," says Field Deputy Bill Cortani of the county sheriff's office. "And they were actually loving the experience. Normally people are not happy about the experience. But some Twilight fans feel this is all part of the Twilight experience."
The article goes on to mention that fans are doing things ON PURPOSE in order to get a ticket. And not just speeding. Another officer mentions having been flashed on multiple occasions, for that little piece of paper and a fine, just because it came from Forks.

The police officers that serve the Forks area now get a bit of celebrity status, after all, who doesn't love Charlie? And while you might think that the sleepy little town doesn't have much to keep the officers busy, I'm sure they have better things to do than ticket unruly Twilight fans, who simply want the experience. Also, speeding is DANGEROUS people, Edward isn't always around to save you from the careening out-of-control vehicle, mmkay? I'm sure if you ask nicely, the good officers will sign an autograph on their card or something.

-Kerry

1 comment:

Jenny Jerkface said...

I think is just absolutely silly. I'm all for getting Twi stuff but speeding to get it is just dumb.

And I like your warning for the comments. I need those from time to time. ;)