Monday, August 24, 2009

How do you picture Bella's wedding dress?

InStyle went to some of their favorite fashion designers and asked for their take on Bella's dress.

"In Eclipse, Bella's dress is described as an early 1900s design (which complements her antique engagement ring) with friend and Maid of Honor Alice Cullen's modern tweaks to the train and veil. "You look like you just stepped out of an Austen movie," Bella's mother says to the bride-to-be when she spies her in the gown in the final book, Breaking Dawn. "It's gorgeous! So graceful, so elegant.""

There are nine designs, but I picked my three favorites to show you here.

This one is by Lela Rose and I think it is absolutely gorgeous! I can totally picture Bella in this one. This one is by Max Azria and is the closest to what I pictured from the description in the book. I think it's probably the best choice based on that, but you know as well as I do, just because the book says it, doesn't mean that's the way it is in the movie.
I love this one as well. It is by Monique Lhuillier and is based on a dress from the 1920's, certainly era-appropriate for Edward's bride.
So check out all the dresses here and let us know in the comments which one is your favorite!

5 comments:

Loren said...

I love the one by Lela Rose as well, and I think my favorite might be the Christian Siriano one.

I definitely don't see Bella wearing the Prabal Gurung one...she is so modest, I think that would be way over the top for her.

:)

jbafaith said...

I agree with Loren, The Christian Siriano dress is absolutely perfect for Bella. My 2nd choice is also the one by Lela Rose.

sparkle for twilight said...

I like the Monique Lhuillier... it looks most like the inverted calla lily shape, plus I loved her design for Hilary Duff's dress in A Cinderella Story :)

Anonymous said...

I like the Monique Lhuillier one best!

Some of them were kinda weird..

Lina 81 said...

I loved the Monique Lhuillier, I can see bella in...aww weddings are so great...