Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sam Bradley Show & Interview

As you've hopefully already read on Twilight Moonlighter's t5m page, I not only got to see Sam Bradley and The Men perform live on July 6, I also got the chance to sit down with Sam for an interview. So here, I'm going to give you some of the details that didn't make it into the interview.

While we were watching Pilot Speed (who by the way are also a great band), T turned to me and asked, "What does Sam Bradley look like again?" I started to describe him then noticed she was turned toward the windows that looked down over the room. When I looked up, I smiled and said, "Exactly like that." Sam was watching the band and checking out the crowd.

Pilot Speed
When we were discussing You Think You're Free and Sam said that maybe he'd gotten more immature, I commented that guys tended to to do that sometimes. I didn't hear him respond during the interview, but when I played it back later to type it out, I noticed that Sam said a very serious, "Ha, Ha." under his breath. He's such a funny guy.

The show was wonderful. Sam is definitely a crowd pleaser. Derek, Whiskey and Too Far Gone all got a huge response. Because this tour was actually in support of Thriving Ivory I had been really nervous that we'd only get a few songs, but they played for about 45 minutes. We were very close to the stage which made it all that much enjoyable. The songs written by guys in the band were awesome. This is certainly an incredibly talented group of guys. Our only complaint was the heat in there, which caused Sam to have to stop and tune his guitar at one point.

Sam Bradley
Dave Meszaros
Jeff Riedlinger
Mark Kerrey

They closed the show with Soho Whores, which caused me to laugh since I'd asked him about it during the interview. After they loaded the van, Sam, Jeff, Dave and Mark all came back in to meet the fans and sign autographs. There was definitely a line there waiting for them. The Hubs said he heard a woman say they'd driven five hours to see the show.

Sam jumped off the stage immediately after the show and was taking pics with the fans up front. This was supposed to be a pic of Sam and T, but I sort of missed T in the picture...still a really cute one of Sam, though.
Ah, that's much better
T with Sam, Dave, Jeff and Mark
We went back in to watch Thriving Ivory for a while, then decided it was time to head home. It was wonderful evening and great way to top of my birthday.
Sam and The Men are planning to do another tour in October through December, hitting a lot of major US cities. I hope we get to see him again. You can stay up to date on all their tour information on Sam's MySpace, as well as listening to his music. You can also catch up with him at his other sites...

YouTube (There is some awesome stuff on here)
Facebook
Facebook for Sam Bradley & The Men
Twitter

(Of course, there are pictures of me with Sam and with Sam and the band, but T's cuter so I used her pics on here. ;) If you'd like to see those I'd be glad to email them to you. Just let me know.)

2 comments:

T. L. C. said...

My eyebrows look fantastic! I LOVVVEDD your artical and I'm telling everyone to check it out!

Sam is sucha sweetie cutie pa-tootie! I had a wonderful night and next time i see sam....I'm telling him he didnt smile in my pics LOL

cutie said...

I've loved all these post, mainly because I know how much joy they brought you, not to mention that they are extremely fun. :)

How great is it, seeing a band in a small venue?! They can really interact with their fans. The bestest.

Woot for Happy Birthdays.