Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meet Victoria

Hmm, but this is not a picture of Rachelle, is it?Nope, that's right people. After New Moon, we will see a different Victoria. Summit has announced that Bryce Dallas Howard will be taking over the role. From the press release...
“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”
The official reason for the change is scheduling conflicts. Rachelle is set to film Barney's Version, a film that begins production the same day as Eclipse. Unofficially? This seems a bit fishy. If memory serves correctly, Rachelle talked about Eclipse as recently as Comic Con. The Hubs is interested to know who is directing Breaking Dawn and if that is at all related. Because I do not deal in rumors here, we'll stick to the official story, but I doubt we've heard the last about this casting change.

And to Rachelle...
you will be dearly, dearly missed.

Thanks to Twilight Examiner

5 comments:

EtomyB said...

Uncool.
I hate when series change actors! Ugh. Scheduling conflicts my eye. They've worked around them before.
-end rant-

Jen said...

I was at Comic Con and I swear she referred to Eclipse! I seriously HATE it when they change actors in a saga!!!

Snarkier Than You said...

OK, I love her (Bryce Dallas Howard) but I also think that "scheduling conflicts" sounds uber-fishy... What kind of iron-clad contract would Rachelle have had to get herself into - a while ago! - that couldn't be broken for the Twilight franchise?! I don't like it... And I think that Rachelle makes an awesome Victoria! She has said she lobbied hard for the role. Something ain't right here, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know the address or web address for Summit so we can complain? Can you post it for all of us? Thanks.(I smell something fishy as well...something Sladey..)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't like it when they change actors but I really have no problem with this. Bryce is such a great actress I probably prefer her anyway in the role.