Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Which quotes are you waiting for?

The Twilight Examiner posted an excellent article yesterday, 79 New Moon Quotes to look for in The Twilight Saga: New Moon. As I sat here reading through the list, I kept saying, wow, that's a great one. Then a couple of quotes later, oh, that one just has to be in the movie. The scene just kept repeating as I read through her list. There are so many great moments in the book that I want to see played out on the screen with some parts word for word. Stepehenie kept them true to the book quotes in certain places that were essential in Twilight. Let's hope she was able to do the same for New Moon. (Although every time Edward says, "As long as I'm going to hell," I want him to finish the sentence SO badly!)

So here are a few of my favorites from the article...The ones in bold are the ones that I feel like it just won't be New Moon without...

3.
“You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car.” Bella Swan
10. “It will be as if I’d never existed.” Edward Cullen
11. “She just keeps saying ‘He’s gone.’” Sam Uley
22. “I saw that – I can see in your eyes what it does to you when I say their name.” Jacob Black
30. “I’m sort of used to weird by this point, you know.” Bella Swan
33. “I bet she’s tougher than that. She runs with vampires.” Embry Call
37. “Bye, Bella. I really hope you don’t die.” Jacob Black
41. “It was the night of the living dead around here. I still hear her screaming in her sleep...” Charlie Swan
45. “I don’t think he ever planned to outlive you by long.” Alice Cullen
48. “How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?” Alice Cullen
50. “Trust me, Bella. If anyone sets up a roadblock, it will be behind us.” Alice Cullen
51. “You smell just exactly the same as always. So maybe this is hell. I don’t care. I’ll take it.” Edward Cullen
57. “They have a name for someone who smells the way Bella does to me. They call her my singer – because her blood sings for me.” Edward Cullen
62 - 68 Couldn't narrow any down, you'll have to read those for yourself
73. “I wish there had been someone there to vote no for me.” Rosalie Hale
74. “You’ve chosen not to live without her, and that doesn’t leave me a choice.” Carlisle Cullen
77. “Well, I’m nearly a hundred and ten. It’s time I settled down.” Edward Cullen

Believe it or not, there are some others that I really want in there, but I need some time to go through my book. So in the meantime, I want to hear from you. What are your thoughts? Which quotes do you really want in the movie?

2 comments:

LAZF said...

You wanted me to be human? Well, watch me.

^^
That one. That's my ALL time fav quote from the whole series. (: (:

Joan Padaloy said...

I was so happy when this made it on the movie!
73. “I wish there had been someone there to vote no for me.” Rosalie Hale