Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dear Rob...I Am SO Sorry

Today has been a strange day. Two things have happened that I have never done before. For starters, I agreed with Lainey. Yes, I know, I never thought I would see the day either. What did I agree with her about? This...

(Picture removed to avoid giving another moment's publicity to these crazed people...links are still active.)

And the second thing is this, apologizing for the behavior of total strangers. So Rob, I am SO sorry that these little fan girls attacked you like this. Now I realize, that I should not be the one apologizing, but I'm guessing that ladies with this lack of class and decorum are not going to do it themselves. In reality, they owe apologies to a lot of people. It is because of people like this that Rob is paranoid. It is people like this who have made it impossible to hold fan events for Rob. It is people like this who cause all of us to lose out on our chance to have a normal meeting with Rob.

There are some scarier pictures out there. I am just amazed at how oblivious these girls were. If you choose to do so, you can see the video here. I warn you, it's heartbreaking to watch. It never ceases to amaze me how gracious Rob is in every situation, but the hands in his hair at the end just demonstrate how totally freaked out he is. I propose we form a group of mature Twilighters to guard him. This mess would never happen again. Never. I am sad to say this may be the last movie we ever see Rob in that has open sets. Apparently, it just isn't safe for him. These few very rotten apples may have spoiled it for the whole bunch.

So to these...girls...Rob is a human being, a person with real feelings and a real life. He deserves his own personal space, privacy and respect. Would you have pulled that crap today with anyone else? Would you have wanted someone to do that to you? Your behavior was just utterly beyond excuse. Rob is not property, he does not belong to the fans. I'm speechless. And to Rob...again, so sorry. I promise, most of us would never imagine doing something so incredibly intrusive and over the line. We respect you, we enjoy your work and we're so glad that you're sharing your wonderful talents with us.

Here are some of the other posts from today. They all express the sentiments so well. The language is strong, but so are the emotions behind them and we are some strong women.
Cullen Boy Anonymous
IntoxicatingScent
ROBsessed
Random Acts of Rob
Twitter quote from Cuteangiek of Super Secret Twilight Blog "Mr Pattinson is a HUMAN BEING not our personal man toy. Just because he played EC does NOT make him yours! Be respectful!"

And a wonderful example of how fans visiting the set today should have conducted themselves. Twitarded's own Jenny Jerkface was there. Read how she acted totally not like a Jerkface here. And more here.

We need to create a movement here Rob and Twilight fans. A movement with the motto from @gcgonc ""We should show Rob that the behavior today was the exception, not the rule"

25 comments:

T. L. C. said...

AMEN! ! !

Oh....Girls. Really, was this needed? Again! AMEN!

Cullen Boys Anonymous said...

Great post Amber. Sorry there even has to be posts like this though but you said it all so beautifully. What should have been such a nice day for Rob on the set of his new movie went so wrong.

cuteangiek said...

I too feel sick. And I think this is a Fantastic post!! I just wish people understood this is why we are all tagged as brainless morons...

Thank you Amber! Thank you so very much. :)

angel said...

DITTO
he is already aloof & scared shutless as it is...
this doesn't help him to feel safe at all...
it's just way so low...
he is already afraid of the papz... don't go CRAZY & make him scared of his fans too...
R E S P E C T people!!! remember that...
he is trying his best to accomodate his fans...
i don't want to ever see the forced smile through a terror face again...
it's just heart breaking... :(


& yes... we are so sorry Rob...
if we have it our way, we wont let this happen to u...

harshni said...

gr8 post amber! i would just like to add how rob's mom would feel watching this load of crap. I mean the video brought me to tears just imagine a mom seeing her son being harassed like this!But she has raised him beautifully!He did not flip out at the girls for one moment.he's got crowd paranoia for pete's sake.this is how we repay him for being the wonderful human being he is!I dunno why i feel so guilty but like amber i want to apologize to Rob too.Thats he best we can do.Our hands are tied.But above everything i hope and pray Rob's mom doesn't come across this footage.If she does, we are all extremely sorry for treating your son this way Mrs.Pattinson

Twilight Moonlighter said...

You said it perfectly- my inspiration:
http://tinyurl.com/kkuj4l

twilog said...

Agreed wholeheartedly. I was so embarrassed for all Twilight/Rob fans and angry that they were acting like that. I was telling my sister today how they probably just ruined it for the rest of us who actually act like human beings who want to meet him.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to him again. Great post!

-Whitley

michelle said...

I would never do that, that is insane Im a big fan but I would ask nicely to take a pic, hug... Thanks to the crazy fan the one who are more sane propably never get the chance to meet him without him been a little paranoid. He is human for God sake treat him like one

Angela said...

Amber I cannot express how disgusted I was to have to post what i did and to make matters even better it was something like that that has me considering shutting down my site. I alway believed we made Twilight what it is but in the interim what has it cost the actors behind the craziness

I am Robsessed said...

Lovely post. You said all the same stuff I did.. but I let my emotions get the best of me in my blog.

We do need to start making our ways to where these girls are and put a stop to their insanity.

Jenny Jerkface said...

Great post! It is disappointing and appalling how those girls acted.

There is no reason to act that way. He's just another human being like the rest of us.

One of the reasons why I always hemmed and hawed about checking him out on a set is because of girls like that. It's just stupid, obnoxious behavior.

Amber said...

Great post Amber! Love the motto. Let's put that on a t-shirt so Rob can easily spot the normals from the crazies!

I had a few choice words for those girls myself on my blog today.

http://robmyworld.com

Dawna said...

Sorry this had to happen to you Rob :( There is a difference between fans and the insane FANATICS that attacked you.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the need to form a protective shield around Rob in public. Why don't we call it the "Spunk Patrol"? If you live near where he is filming, commit to standing/walking around him in public places and try to keep the looney tunes and paps away from him. What do you say?

dymphna said...

Good post Amber. Poor, poor Rob! He needs the popemobile only we'll rename it the "Ho-no-moe-bile". I'd like an afternoon with those goons....

marie said...

I agree I would be so willing to gaurd him from the crazy people. I can't believe that they thought it was okay to do that to him the poor guy is stressed enough as it is. So sorry Rob.

Snarkier Than You said...

ditto, ditto, DITTO! if i agreed with everything you said any more i would implode or something. cut the guy a break. i'm embarrassed to have a vagina after seeing the way those girls behaved.

Jen said...

Great post, you summed it up well. I am disgusted by this behavior and feel so bad for Rob. And it makes all the rest of us fans look bad.

Ana Cristina said...

Awesome post. I saw that video and it just made me so sad for Rob. Remember at the convention last year when he said the audience sounded like one of the seventh circles of hell or something like that? That's what those girls sounded like.

I am linking back to you!

P.S.) Hope the exam for your little one goes well today.

T. L. C. said...

Okay, I just cant help myself on this one here Amber...but I just saw someone else’s post on there blog about this matter and I have to say that hands down between that one and this...Yours is SO SO much more classy. I would BET that if Rob saw this he would appreciate it a whole lot better than what the other had posted.

Besides from that, I felt so bad for Rob when I saw this...And you my dear friend delivered a speech worth following more then the other.

Okay...off my soap box but I just HAD to vent this.

Luvs T.

Heather said...

You all said it a million times but I have to agree. Seriously? Those "girls" looked old enough to know better.

And here's a thought, if it were crazy ass men getting all up in some actress's personal space, how do you think people would react to that?

AshleyTWA said...

I could not have said it better myself, i completely agree and i cant even stand to watch that video it makes me extremely sad and upset...upset really isnt the right word but i want to watch my language hehe... i love u rob and so sorry that u had to experience that :(

Amy said...

Rob So needs a female bodygaurd - one of us of course - but really - cause I know how men feel about getting physical with "ladies" (if you can call them that) But let me tell you - had I been there - that girl would have been on the ground. Really she would have had a lot more then a pinch!

jo said...

I feel ill seeing what poor Rob had to put up with and as a mother I was scared for him. From another Twilight fan... we are so sorry you had to put up with that Rob!!
Jo
http://twilitjo.blogspot.com/

Melissa Sage said...

Totally THIS. I wanted to vomit after watching that video, gah.

Rob,
I hope this incident and the public flogging these girls are getting (and abso-fucking-lutely deserve)reminds some of the more zealous idjits out there to keep their damn hands to themselves. I am so sorry you have to deal with this kind of BS. *shakes head and sighs* I am glad to see you handle it with such grace and dignity though, it must be exceedingly difficult, you have my props.

Back to the other matter...
Seriously girls(I have better, or worse(?) words for you, but will keep it nice) this is shit we learned in Kindergarten for crying out loud, keep your goddamn claws to yourself, not that hard for anyone with a brain to comprehend.