Friday, May 8, 2009

Why is Twilight so Accessible?

Twilight Lexicon has another article by The Deadbolt featured on their site. This one is about "just what make the Twilight Saga so accessible and relatable to so many people." This is a much lighter read than the last article I posted by Larsen Hill, Is there Life After Twilight?

"Why is the Twilight Saga so accessible for a wide range of fans that spans so many age groups? Here's a look at four reasons we see as to why the Twilight Saga is highly accessible for so many young girls and females of all ages.
  • An Ordinary Character for an Ordinary Girl
  • The Harlequin Factor and Ultimate Romance Novel
  • Novels for the Online, E-mail, Text and Twittering Era
  • A Search for Mr. Perfect - You Want What You Can't Have"
I agree with most of this article, although I certainly wouldn't call Stephenie Meyer's writing as poor by any means. Unless, as she mentions, you're comparing to Shakespeare, by which most modern writing would be considered poor. I relate to Bella so much. Like Bella, I met my Edward at 17 and married him at 18. I've even had a Jacob. As for Mr. Perfect? She's right, he is as unattainable as Edward, but I have certainly found my own version of Edward, as close to perfection as it gets in the real world.
I am far from a teen, but I would have loved these books as a teen. But I think I probably love them even more now as a wife and mother. Living in a house full of males, the escape is wonderful, but it's also something shared with my hubs who loves the series as well. I am under 30 if you're wondering with four children under 7...how do I find time to read or blog? LOL)
So, what do you think?

No comments: