Friday, May 1, 2009

Life after Twilight?

Does it change you? Does it alter your world? Is there life after Twilight?

Twilight Lexicon featured an article from The Deadbolt.com entitled "Will there be life after the Twilight Saga?" I have to say, this is the kind of thing I absolutely eat up. When I finally get around to writing the original articles, this is the type of thing I want to put out there. Something deeper than just a review of the books or movies. Something that examines the characters or the themes, something to make you think. And I'll get right on it after that mysteriously still missing forum gets up and running.

At any rate, this is a very interesting article and I highly recommend reading it. A phenomenon as big as Twilight is bound to have an influence on those who grow up with it as part of their lives. Thanks to the Lexicon for featuring this great article. I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Do you agree with Larsen Hill?

1 comment:

Snarkier Than You said...

Interesting... The title definitely caught my eye - "Life After Twilight"?! Ack! Quite a serious take on the whole thing - I have to admit I did choke a little bit at this part: "there's deep philosophical debate and intellectual discussion taking place on the levels of Friedrich Nietzsche, Sigmund Freud, René Descartes..." - um, maybe it's just that we're so dang shallow over at Twitarded but I don't think that 99.999% of the fans are digging quite THAT deep, philosophically. But there is no denying that the series has had a visceral impact on many people, present company included! I'm interested to see what other folks think... : )