Saturday, May 30, 2009

Catherine thinks Rob deserves Breakthrough Male Award

Larry Carroll recently interviewed Catherine Hardwicke about Twilight's seven nominations for the MTV Movie Awards. No surprise, she thinks that Rob deserves to win the Breakthrough Male Performance Award, saying that "she'll be screaming louder than anyone if Rob walks onstage Sunday night to receive his trophy."

This is a wonderful interview and I suggest you read the whole thing here. She talks about the auditions and the original casting. Here are my favorite two quotes from the article which explain SO well why I love Rob so much...

"He can transform himself into other characters, and I love that Rob will do things that we don't expect. He's going to do really unusual, unique things — and I'm looking forward to it."

"Robert has that soul, that passion, that depth. He's a very interesting person in his heart and soul. The movies he watches are weird independent films and foreign films; the books he reads are these great, obscure things. He's a musician, an artist, and he's very special and unique," she explained, making his case as a true Hollywood breakthrough. "I can't wait to see what he does next."


Now, for my readers who don't think I show Taylor enough love, let me just say here that while I realize Taylor is up for this award as well, I did not vote for him. Now granted, he was good in Twilight, but I think New Moon is going to be the breakthrough role of Taylor's career. Twilight was just a little taste of what's to come. So, who do you think should win this?
Thanks to ROBsessed for posting about this article. And as always, thanks to Larry for such a great article! (Now, about those New Moon Mondays...)

No comments: