Thursday, May 14, 2009

The brother Rob never had?

Socialite Life thinks Luke Grimes, who plays Ryan Lafferty on ABC's Brothers & Sisters, is an "undead ringer" for Robert Pattinson. They have an entire photo gallery of Luke that I suggest checking out before you make a judgement here. I found this story so funny because I love Brothers & Sisters and the first thought that popped in my head when Ryan first appeared was definitely "Edward." Exact replica? No, there is only one Robert Pattinson. Luke Grimes is not even a reasonable facsimile...lol. However, I can totally feel the Edward vibe with him and there are certainly remarkable similarities in the two men.

Luke is a year older than Rob, but I think he'd pass better for 17...
Like Rob, he cleans up nice...
And do these look familiar to anyone? Wonder if these were done after the GQ and Dossier shoots were released...
And to the Wide Awake readers out there...does this say Darkward to you, or is it just me?
So my verdict...Could they pass for brothers? Definitely. Could I see Luke as Edward? If I'd never seen Rob as Edward, then definitely yes. He looks much more like Edward to me than he does like Rob. Does that make sense? And maybe the edge to his character on Brothers & Sisters makes me think more along the lines of Darkward. Either way, I think he's a great actor and I look forward to seeing more from him too. I love what he's doing with Ryan. So, what's your verdict?
Thanks to Peace, Love, Twilight for posting this story.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I think that it must be the hair. It's that and the cig and the fact that he's a white boy with high cheekbones?

zm said...

maybe he should play jasper..lol

Eyes of Amber said...

Ack - no, I love Jackson too much to replace him...lol