Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rob in Dossier Magazine

I considered whether or not to post these for a couple of reasons. First of all, they just aren't my fave Rob pics, and I was kind of surprised at the huge level of excitement they caused among Rob fans. (Please do not write hate mail or throw rocks. Thanks.) Also, I walk a fine line here between running a Twilight blog with some extra RPattz for good measure, and a Rob blog with extra Twilight. After the comment from Miley Cyrus, (note to Miley, speak for yourself), Twilight Lexicon had a poll on what kind of fan you are. I am definitely a fan of both Rob and Edward. Lauren coined the monikers Book Edward, Movie Edward and Rob. These are definitely three separate entities. But Rob himself is something of an enigma. There is more than one persona of Rob. and I can find something to appreciate about all of them.
I do like this one because I know Rob loves James Dean, and this one has that feel to it...
but I just can't get on board with the mesh tank.
So for my readers who enjoy this Rob, I post these for you.
Don't misunderstand me, I can appreciate this Rob, I just prefer the GQ Outtakes, Vanity Fair, and honestly, the candid shots when he's just being himself. For some reason, I also particularly like photos from Japan, Mexico and London. (Vanity Fair Italy has some great ones.) He just seems more comfortable in some of them.

Thanks to ROBsessed for the unmarked versions of these. Call me crazy, but all the pink stars just kind of took the tough factor down a few marks.

Update: A screen cap from ROBsessed. Now this one, I totally get.
And this one I get too. Even with the mesh tank. I think the people who choose which photos to use are just not thinking right.

3 comments:

~ Joy ~ said...

Great post and great comments. I'm so grateful that you have this amazing blog to release all those otherwise pent-up emotions.

Rob is genuinely unique. I can't wait for New Moon!!!! Although I am still basking in the Twilight DVD afterglow.

Snarkier Than You said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the "What kind of blog am I doing here?!" thing - it's hard not to cross the Rob/Edward line sometimes, all good intentions aside! That being said, for a good cause (GQ pics [how could you ignore these?], etc.) - you gotta do what you gotta do!
Very well said in this post - thanks!
: )

Anna~Admin said...

Yeah, really!
Substitute the last outtake for the armpit hair one, blechhh!

:)
http://peacelovetwilightblog.blogspot.com