Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rob in GQ...

These are some gorgeous photos...obviously shot quite a while ago, before he cut his hair. The interview is from December so I'm guessing these are from about the same time. The photos are by Nathaniel Goldberg.If you're still breathing, you can read the article...He's Hot, He's Sexy, He's Undead. This is definitely not a PG interview, unless I'm mistaken, it would be an R because of the frequency of the use of the "f" word and some discussion of, shall we say, pivotal scenes from Little Ashes. Having said that, I think this is one of my favorite interviews with Rob. Some of my favorite quotes...

He explains that the place he’s staying at in L.A. has a microwave, and
that he’s never had a microwave before, and that he spends a lot of time looking
for new things you can microwave. Those frozen cheeseburgers, from the store. A
carrot. Did we mention that he’s had about nineteen cups of coffee?

“There was a call from the head of the studio,” Hardwicke says. “ ‘Are you
sure you can make this guy handsome?’ ”

“The only way to establish any kind of mystique,” he says, “is to
completely shut up and never talk to anyone. And I’m contractually obligated not
to shut up.”

"I spent three days apologizing to the dog.”

He turns on the heat—“That’s supposed to do something, right?”—and then
merges into traffic, still blind, cursing his way into the left lane. “I think
I’m better off on Melrose, because there aren’t any pedestrian crossings,” he
says. “You’re going to regret accepting this lift.”

I will definitely be picking this one up when it hits the stands. Thanks to Cullen Boys Anonymous.

1 comment:

joy said...

Wow, in the last photo, leaning against the wall, he´s just ridiculously sexy. And I mean, he looks like a sexy man, he´s got the body of a man, no longer a too thin teen ( I still have that Harry Potter character on my mind). Just one thing: he smokes and drinks 19 cups of coffee per day? Conclusion: he´s breath must be quite... *whispering* bad.