Friday, February 20, 2009

Twilight Sweethearts

I went to my local FYE this afternoon and purchased three boxes of the Twilight Sweethearts Conversation Hearts. We opened one of them, I wanted to see what they looked like and my children were very interested in eating them. There are three collector's boxes. Number 1 has the cast, number 2 is Edward and number 3 is Bella.

I did these on my scanner and apparently moved them during the scan of the Bella box and I missed the very edges of the first box, but you get the idea.
The back of the boxes have Twilight "trivia" on them. It really bugs me that everything put out lists Edward's full name as Edward Anthony Mason Cullen. If you reference his Twilight Lexicon bio, you see that his name is Edward Anthony Masen Cullen. Just one of my pet peeves. You can read the boxes when you click on the picture.
Here they are, unboxed and on the loose! The sparkly ones were really neat. Some of the sayings are great too. Along with the expected Bite Me and Soul Mate, there are Forks, Bad Guy, Trust Me, I Trust You... You can actually read some of them if you click on this picture
And of course...a heart shape
The cashier told me that they'd just put these out around noon and they were already selling really well. I am not surprised. While I was there I pre-ordred my DVD and picked up the DVD and photo collection box set. I must admit, opening it, looking through the pictures and contemplating the midnight release, I became a little giddy...

I may go by tomorrow and pick up some more to use for a giveaway so keep checking back for details!
Update: I neglected to mention the taste. They are most certainly fruity. If you like the traditional conversation hearts and you like fruit flavors, you'll probably like these. They taste a bit like a cross between the regular hearts and a starburst. Alas, after eating some last night, I did not dream of Edward...

14 comments:

TwiCrack said...

I love it!!! Thanks for posting these close-up pics, Amber! I haven't seen these at all and I WANT them. :-)

I love your blog, and am nominating it for the Dazzles too.

Have a good weekend!!

jen / twicrack / cheekyj :-)

Caitlin said...

Ooooh! I didn't think these were supposed to come out until the dvd release.

What is the texture like? I thought I heard that they were going to be chewey, or are they just like regular sweethearts? How much were they?

I'm so excited! Thanks for the pics. They look awesome. :)

Amber said...

They're supposed to be a little softer than the original ones, and I guess they might be a tiny bit, but they are far from chewy. Still pretty much the same texture.
They were 2.99/box. The boxes are 5oz, about the size of a movie theater candy box.

TwiCrack Addict said...

heh. It's funny that they use Edward's full name on the packaging. Now I'm craving Sweethearts...

Anna~Admin said...

Thanks for the pix!

Anna
Peace. Love. Twilight! Admin

Ana Cristina said...

Your last sentence made me laugh. :) Great post!

Ashley13824 said...

ohhh pretty hearts they look sooo good i lovey your bloggy

Wait hold up how did you pre order the dvd you just went up to the cashier and said i want o preorder the twilight dvd and then like when do you get it the midnight release and with the preorder you nget the collection picture box thingy

Bevin said...

I was wondering where you got them???

Amber said...

I got them at FYE.

FYE is accepting pre-orders for a deposit of $5. You just tell the cashier that you want to order it and they'll ring it up for you. You pay the balance when you pick it up, which at our local FYE, is midnight.

As for the DVD box and photo collection, FYE sells is for $9.99. If you buy one when you order the DVD you can purchase it for only $5. That's what I did and the photos are really breath taking!

mrs c.cullen@vamps4blood said...

hi im chloe and im new to the site. i live in the uk and wanted to ask where can i buy the twilight sweethearts from.please let me know.

mrs c.cullen@vamps4blood said...

hi my name is chloe and i live in the uk. i wanted to ask if anyone knows where i can buy the twilight sweethearts from.

lynn said...

Cool blog!
I've been looking for these but we don't have an FYE very close. Do you know of any other stores that will be selling them?

xenopix said...

only a year or so ago Twilight saga star Ashley Greene was a waitress but now she is one of the most popular actresses on the planet! I love the eclipse movie so much i am waiting on the third book but i would sure love to have more twilight eclipse poster

xenopix said...

I love the twilight saga so much i am waiting for twilight eclipse check this out..