Saturday, January 24, 2009

It Just Keeps Getting Worse!

Let me say that I love Entertainment Weekly. I visit their website often, I look forward to receiving each issue in the mail. I have all four of the Twilight covers. I loved seeing Heath Ledger featured in the latest issue, no matter how hard it was to see his beautiful face when I first pulled it out of the mailbox. Having said all that...EW really knows how to tick me off!!!

The two actors mentioned in the article are Elijah Wood and Lucas Grabeel. Let me start with Lucas. High School Musical. I really feel like that's all I have to say there. Although, I must admit that he does have the look, except for being blonde. Because I have young children, I have recently seen Elijah Wood doing the Puppetmaster in the "Dancey Dance" portion of Yo Gabba Gabba. I cannot handle him as Alec after seeing that. And I mean seriously, from hobbit to vampire?

I feel like these movies are being invaded by these "big" names. In case you're not aware, it is at least official that Miss Fanning will be meeting with Chris Weitz next week to discuss the role. What are they doing? Lauren said that maybe bringing some of these names in would prove that these movies aren't just fluff pieces. I certainly don't think that trying to turn it into HSM 4 is going to do that. Why not provide some lesser known talents the opportunity of a lifetime to fill these roles and mesmerize us. I never once during Twilight looked at the screen and thought, wow, there comes Robert Pattinson. Oh, there's Kristen Stewart. Ah, it's Kellan Lutz. I only saw Edward, Bella, Emmet, Jacob and the Cullens. I want to be able to have that same experience with New Moon.

One last thing, because there seems to have been a lot of confusion over the description of Jane and Alec, I am going to quote from their Twilight Lexicon bios, which you can view in their entirety by clicking on the name. Jane is rather short with brown hair. "Very tiny with lank, pale brown hair trimmed short. Rather slim and androgynous figure with a face too pretty for a boy. She has wide-eyes, full-lips and a child-like voice." Alec is her twin brother. "Nearly identical to Jane with slightly darker hair and lips that aren’t as full." They were changed when they were very young, per the bios.

So tell me, what do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're overreacting a tad bit. Casting Dakota makes this a Dakota movie? Um.. her part isn't that big and she isn't THAT famous. It's not like they casted Madonna or something. I mean I do like the smaller actors because big names can be distracting. But Robert has gotten really famous because of this movie so now when you do see him your like "Hey it's Robert!" The reason I'm not too worried is because Dakota is a very good actress. Plus she's a famous actress, but not a glamorous actress like Angelina Jolie. More low key.

=]

Anonymous said...

Madonna was a bad example.
You know who would be way to famous and distracting?

MILEY CYRUS.

That's a perfect example.

Eyes of Amber said...

You know, I totally agree with you at this point. It's been nearly six months since I made this post and I am 100% okay with Dakota now. I've calmed down...LOL.

Anonymous said...

oh lol, sorry i'm way behind.

Eyes of Amber said...

Oh don't apologize! I'm glad to know that someone is reading back there!